Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Somewhere A Cowboy's Walking - A New Face

Today was spent creating a new face for the front Indian. Now at the end of the day, I'm not sure I like his face. I won't be in the studio tomorrow, but I will be back on that face on Wednesday.
As a friend of mine in Austrailia just commented on my re-doing my figure, on this horse..

"G'Day again Dave,Don't be discouraged with the endeavor to achieve what Sir Keneth Clarke, referring to Stubbs' painting of "Mares and Foals in a Landscape", called: symphonic proportions.Also remember that the great french animalier Fremiet, completely redid his famous heroic sized bronze of Joan of Arc, after the first version resided in the Place des Pyramides, for fifteen years! His reason being, an increasing dissatisfaction with the proportions of the rider to the horse!If I remember correctly,Fremiet redid the piece largely at his own expense.Anyway,
All the Best, S'later, Boyd "

CLICK HERE FOR TODAY'S VIDEO

Final photographs today.







No comments: