Monday, March 15, 2010

Ain't No Cowboy - Detailing - In A New Gallery Today

Well the top news today is that I've found a wonderful gallery on the south shore of Lake Tahoe California, located near the gondola at the Heavenly Sky Resort. The name of the Gallery is, The Pacific Crest Gallery. I'm very excited about this latest move. So if any of you live near this gallery, you might take a day and travel up to see my bronzes on display there.
Meanwhile, in my studio, I was back to finishing up number 4 clay out of the 6 going to the foundry to be cast up into bronze. This one is titled "Ain't No Cowboy". It's based on a local lady who posed as a cowgirl for me.
I spent the day cleaning up and adding to the detail on this clay. I started this piece about 2 years ago. The clay is different than the clay I use now, thus the dark brown color.



Final Photographs of the clay today.




No comments: