Friday, June 3, 2011

Worked on my running horse - Then started a special commission

Sorry, forgot to add music to the silent area of the video.. lol
I started the day on the horse I started in Virginia City last weekend.
Whitney Lake, asked me to do a sculpture of Sagittarius, a half man half horse piece. He's had this idea knocking around, inside his minds eye for years, and so he's asked me to fill in the dream. So we collaborate on it's beginning today in my studio.
In Greek mythology, Sagittarius is identified as a centaur: half human, half horse. In some legends, the Centaur Chiron was the son of Philyra and Saturn, who was said to have changed himself into a horse to escape his jealous wife, Rhea. Chiron was eventually immortalized in the constellation of Centaurus or in some versions, Sagittarius

No comments: